The Annual Meeting and Board Positions
The Annual Meeting of the Dauphin Island Property Owners Association will be held on May 12, 2018. There are three (3) positions on the Board of Directors scheduled for election at the Annual Meeting. If you are interested in running for one of these three-year terms, please see below:
1. To be eligible to run, you must be a property owner on the island and have paid your current annual dues of $150.00.
2. You must declare your candidacy no later than midnight on February 28, 2018.
3. To submit your Declaration of Candidacy, you must enclose a Candidate Biographical Outline as described in number 4 and submit it either in person at 100-C Orleans Drive, by mail to Post Office Box 39, Dauphin Island 36528, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
4. Please limit your bio to 300 words or less and provide the information below:
b. Island Address
c. E-Mail Address
d. Please include in your bio your vision for the Island/DIPOA, and any priorities you would have if elected.
e. Describe your Dauphin Island background and family information.
f. Please relate your professional experience and other relevant education.
5. Responsibilities of Board Members: There is a regular open meeting of the Board of Directors each month except December and Executive Work Sessions may be called by the Board on other occasions. If you are elected, it is your responsibility to attend these Board meetings and sessions as well as receive and respond to communications about general operations of the Property Owners Association throughout the month. You should also be prepared to represent the DIPOA at Town Council, Chamber of Commerce, Dauphin Island Foundation, or other Island meetings or functions.
PLEASE NOTE: THE NEXT DIPOA BOARD MEETING WILL BE FEBRUARY 15, 2018
By virtue of owning property on Dauphin Island, you are a member of the DIPOA. If you do not receive our annual newsletter and election mail-out, or our monthly meeting reminder and recap, we need your contact information and email address. If you have never provided your contact info (or are uncertain if you have provided it), please complete the form below with the name your parcel is deeded in.
Please include your email address, your mailing address, phone # and most importantly, your island address.
We will be sure you are added to our membership lists and our email database so that we may keep you informed.
Dues-paying members receive free beach access, as well as discounts. When you pay your dues, you will be mailed a membership card. Show your card at the listed businesses for these discounts.
The suggested voluntary annual dues is $150 per year.
You may also pay by check via mail to: P.O. Box 39, Dauphin Island, AL 36528,
or in person (with check or card) at the office 100-C Orleans Drive.
Make your check payable to "DIPOA". Include with your check your name, email address, physical mailing address, island address (if different from your mailing address) and optionally, a phone number. Even though the suggested dues are $150 per year, we are delighted to accept more if you wish to give a greater donation!
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW PHONE# FOR THE DIPOA OFFICE IS 251-861-3144
Dauphin Island Property Owners Association
Copyright Dauphin Island Property Owners Association
Photos Copyright L. Martin